NOTE: Mclowd’s TBAR feature automates the process of lodging TBAR Reports for users of Mclowd’s Pro version. Unless there is a specific reason to want to lodge a TBAR report manually, users of the Pro version should generally ignore this section and proceed to Section 14.3.2 for instructions on lodging reports through Mclowd’s TBAR feature.
For a quick and efficient method of lodging TBAR reports, Trustees should link their Superannuation Fund to their MyGov account. Log in to the ATO Portal at https://bp.ato.gov.au/, selecting your SMSF account.
Once logged in, you will see a menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the menu to find ONLINE REPORTS.
- Select the Transfer balance account report from the list.
- Click ADD to Start a New Report. (You can also opt to resume a partly completed report or cancel a draft report)
- Fill in the report fields
- Click SAVE AND EXIT to save a partly completed or draft report, or SUBMIT to submit a completed report. You can also print the report by selecting Print friendly version once the report is submitted.
- The ATO provides you with a Receipt ID for submitted reports.
- Submitted reports do not display on the Transfer balance account report screen.
To access a saved report:
- Go to Online Forms on the left hand menu
- Select Transfer Balance Account Report from the list of forms
- The saved report will be displayed in a table with a draft status
- Select Resume or Delete
- Reports are saved for as long as you need and can be accessed at any time
Help to Complete Reports
- On screen help is provided for each report. Select the Help function on the report for assistance.
The report contains on-screen help.
Select the Help function on the report for assistance with content.