Assets: Disposals

How do I… Amend an error entering an asset sale

To amend an error entering an asset sale, you must reverse the sale and re-enter it.

To reverse the sale, go to the INCOME tab. Check that the year selected is the year in which the asset sale took place.

Amend Assets sale: Check year

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Income List until you see the sections GAIN ON SALE and LOSS ON SALE.  A link to your incorrect entry will be displayed in one of these lists.

Amend incorrect asset sale: find entry

Click the Journal Reference to open the entry.

Amend incorrect asset sale: Reverse

Click REVERSE to delete the incorrect entry.

Go to ASSETS and click ASSET DISPOSALS to re-enter the sale correctly.


about the author:

Lorraine Cobcroft

With a background in accounting and financial management, followed by two decades writing software documentation, Lorraine joined the Mclowd team in mid-2016 and is enjoying working with a dynamic team to enhance an innovative product that has the potential to revolutionize the way Australians manage their retirement funding. Lorraine is also an accomplished business writer, ghost-writer, novelist and short-story writer and poet.

Leave a Reply